Analyses how numeric data are represented in computers
- Most Significant Digit and Least Significant Digit (MSD and LSD) Other important factors of number systems that you should recognize are the MOST SIGNIFICANT DIGIT (MSD) and the LEAST SIGNIFICANT DIGIT (LSD).
- The MSD in a number is the digit that has the greatest effect on that number.
- The LSD in a number is the digit that has the least effect on that number.
- You can easily see that a change in the MSD will increase or decrease the value of the number the greatest amount.
- Changes in the LSD will have the smallest effect on the value.
- The non-zero digit of a number that is the farthest LEFT is the MSD, and the non-zero digit farthest RIGHT is the LSD, as in the following example.
Analyses how character data are represented in computers
- bit / බිටුව
bit (BInary digiT)-The smallest element of computer storage. It is a single digit in a binary number (0 or 1). The bit is physically a transistor or capacitor in a memory cell, a magnetic domain on disk or tape, a reflective spot on optical media or a high or low voltage pulsing through a circuit.
- Byte / බයිට
- Kilobyte (KB) / කිලෝබයිට
- Megabyte (MB) / මෙගාබයිට
- Gigabyte (GB) / ගිගාබයිට
- Terabyte (TB) / ටෙරාබයිට
Uses basic arithmetic and logic operations on Binary, Octal, and Hexadecimal numbers
Analyses how signed numbers are represented in computers and uses standard methods to represent floating point numbers